There are three primary types of solar energy systems.
- The most common type of solar electric system
- Constantly monitoring power usage with a net-meter
- Set up to send power out to the grid as well as take power from the grid
- Ideal for residential and commercial applications
- Similar to having a generator attached to your solar array
- Able to sustain your household for a period of time without drawing energy from the grid
- Operational if the grid goes down
- Likely to be more costly due to the added battery hardware
- Ideal for those who do not have access to a utility provider
- Carefully configured to provide the power you need from batteries
- More expensive for the installation, may be less expensive than connecting to a grid
- Ideal for remote locations
Find your local Lighthouse Solar office to talk to a solar expert about the perfect solar electric system solution for your property.